Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a week

It was definitely an interesting week. I had class on Monday. Then an ice storm hit Kentucky, and much of the eastern side of the country. Then I proceeded to get 4 days off school. This is what I woke up to Tuesday morning:



Ice covered everything. You can't tell but the ice on my car was about an inch thick. I didn't go anywhere until Wednesday, only becuase I lost power that day. I went into town to get some groceries and maybe hang out at church. Church didn't have power, and town was chaos. You would have thought the end of the world was here. You couldn't get near a restuarant if they had power. I don't even want to talk about the scene at Wal-mart. I went to Kroger, and get some food that didn't require heat or refridgeration, basically snack food and apples. I didn't get power back until early Friday morning, and since the Wesley Foundation got power Thursday night, I ended up spending the night there Thursday night.

But I have power and heat now, thankfully. Though statewide nearly half a million people still don't have power. And now they are saying some might not have power until middle of February.

No comments: