Sunday, September 7, 2008

Joseph

"So Joseph went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him, and was expecting a child." Luke 2:4-5



Joseph is done! Yay! Just in the nick of time too. (my goal is to start a new character each Monday.) I think he turned out pretty well. The hair and beard where actually really fast and fun to knit. The coat isn't like what the pattern said, but for Joseph I like it a lot better. I think I am going to change up each charecter a little bit as I make them. This week I am making the baby Jesus.

I have another finished knitted object to show you.

I was originally commissoned to make this hat for a friend of mine. I was trying to be cheap and use yarn from my stash. Well that will teach me. It came out HUGE! And the intended recipient has the same size head as me, so I knew it wouldn't fit. I took it to church Tuesday night at the Wesley Center, just to show to Tamila the horror. One of the boys decided he loved it, and guess what? It Fit Him! So I was very happy the hat found a home. And I bought yarn to make another one that will actually fit my friend.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Joseph reminds me of Steve Reid. He & Mary look like a great couple. The Transformers hat is awesome. I like the colors. Is Brock getting one for Christmas?

Elizabeth said...

Yes. Brock will be getting one. I'm going to try and get black and orange yarn for his.

Anonymous said...

Good post.