Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back in the snowglobe...

Well, we had an exciting weekend. Jeff and I decided it was high time to come home. LSSU was also playing Western in hockey, so this past weekend seemed a good choice. (We tied Friday and won Saturday- thank you very much) The hockey game was fun, although Western's fans are very- mouthy. They are not nice, at all. I am really against booing and making fun of players during games, but especially if you are going to make fun of players pronounce their names right. (Western fans need to learn to read, seriously)
Saturday I got to spend the whole day with my family. It was nice to be home. The baby was not as excited to see me as to see my purse and cell phone, which are his favorite toys. Saturday night Mom, Grandma, Sara, and I went to Salvation Army. I got a ton of things. I got three sweaters for $.50 each, a really cute army style jacket for $5, a winter coat for $2, and some cute coffee mugs. It was so much fun. Sunday we stayed home from church and had waffles for breakfast. I was supposed to come back to the Soo that day, but I-75 and the Mackinac bridge were closed, so we waited until Monday. But we got back safely, and I had classes today.
Which gets me to my next story.... Somebody threw away my senior project. I will give you a moment for that to sink in. This is my project that I have to design, evaluate, and perform by myself. It is a requirement for graduation. All my data from my samples are due at the end of February. Somebody threw it out. Over the weekend I guess they thought the lab wasn't clean enough. I am MAD. I yelled in a classroom full of people. I called my mom and yelled to her in the hallway. I left nasty notes in the lab. Luckily, I still had a stash of the pills I was working on locked in a drawer, so I could start over. But this is a crazy set back that I really don't need at this point.
Ok, on to some pictures....
Here are my socks, I finally finished the first one, and turned the heel of the second one in the car on the way back to school. Hopefully they will be done soon because I can't wait to wear them.

This is one I took of Heath this weekend:

He loves hats. I had made this hat for a friend, and so I made him wear it to get pictures. I don't think he minded much though.


And just because everybody else's blog has pictures of Seth, I thought I would too.

I took that in the nursery on Christmas Eve. I just thought it was cute how they were playing together.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Okay, first of all, I LOVE those socks!

Second: I love that picture of Heath and Seth. You know I did not get one picture of Seth in that outfit where you could actually see the little tie. I hope you don't mind, but I stole it :)

BTW, who's Jeff?

Nichole said...

I don't have any pictures of Seth on my blog because I don't have a camera. I hope the Easter bunny puts one in my basket.

April said...

I am just sick about your project being thrown away!! That is awful!

Great knitted stuff!