Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yay for me!

I managed to finally get myself to the gym. I haven't gone at all since like April. Yeah, thats bad. Especially since I love to work out. Well, I don't like running or anything, but I really like lifting weights. Sick, I know. But I did it, I went, and I even did ten minutes of the stairs. I normally do longer than that, but since it has been so long since I worked out, I figured I would go easy. I also lifted really light today too, because I don't want to wake up tomorrow not able to move.

One thing that really frustrates me is people who don't know what they are doing at the gym. I made at least three mental notes of people who were using horribly improper form on some of the weight machines. Like, these people could seriously hurt themselves. One lady had the back extension bar at her neck, instead of her shoulder area. Thats a good way to mess your back up permenantly, not to mention do nothing to work your back. There are others, and I am just really concerned, because not only are these people not benifiting from working out, but they really could hurt themselves. I am not any sort of expert so I guess I feel weird wanting to point it out to them.

I think I decided to go to grad school today. My first choice would be John Jay in New York city. Judy pointed out the Eastern Kentucky University has a forensics grad program, and would probably be much more forgiving of my less than steller GPA. Also one of the research advisor is doing FIBERS!!!!! That would make me sooo happy. So, I need to take my GRE and start applying I guess. Well, there goes my social life.

1 comment:

Miss Melville said...

Yay, grad school! I'm glad you've made up your mind to at least throw your hat in the ring and git it a shot. :)