Monday, October 1, 2007

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch....

I was out of town last week for a Forensics Conference, so unfortunately not a lot got done in my knitting life, or my blogging life. I did finish one front for the baby's sweater, and am about 1/2 through the other front. I went to Wal-Mart with a friend because he needed some $3 windshield washer fluid. Well, unfortunately I ended up spending $30 on yarn in the craft section because they are discontinuing two brands I actually like. One is Lion Brand Landscapes which makes really pretty, and quick mittens, that I like to use for last-minute gifts. The other is Bernet Softee Stripes, which I use to make stroller/car seat blankets also for gifts. Luckily it was all in the clearance bin, but if they still have some at the store next time, I am sure I will buy more.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here is the hat I made for Adam, for his birthday. He really liked, which made me happy. Really happy. He said he has never had a hat knit for him before. So it made me feel really special to be a part of that moment in his life. Its kinda melodramatic, I know, but other knitters will understand.


Ok, off to work on this sweater and watch a few episodes of CSI.

No comments: